Getting started with Google Business
As a business owner, you know the importance of getting your name out there. You want potential customers to be able to find you easily and to have a positive impression of your business.
Google My Business is a free platform that allows businesses to manage their online presence. When customers search for your business on Google, your business listing will appear. This listing includes your business name, address, hours, phone number, website, and reviews. Posting on Google My Business is a great way to make sure that potential customers can find you easily and that they have all the information they need about your business.
You can choose what information to include in your listing, and you can respond to reviews to show potential customers that you care about their experience.
These are the most important areas for you to focus on when setting up your account:
- Business Name – Make sure you use your full legal business name. Don’t be tempted to add in keywords
here such as “Plumber London”, if that’s not part of your business name.
- Business Description – Use this area to describe your business and talk directly to your customers. Get
them interested in how you can help them with their problems.
- Categories – Select categories that are relevant to your business. Don’t select irrelevant categories here.
- Address – This should be your business address and you should ensure that you have the same details
on your website for NAP consistency.
- Telephone Number – This should be your business telephone number and you should ensure that you
have the same number visible on your website for NAP consistency.
- Website URL – Enter your business website URL here.
- Opening Hours – Let people know when you’re open/available to assist them.
- Photos – This is one of the most important areas on the page and one that people neglect.
Once you’ve got all the above set up it’s time to make full use of the Google Business features starting with posts.
Posting on Google My Business is a great way to ensure that your business is visible and that potential customers have a positive impression of your business.
If you’re not already posting on Google My Business, now is the time to start. It’s easy to set up a listing, and it’s a great way to make sure that potential customers can find you and that they have a positive impression of your business.
What size should google posts be?
There is no specific size that your Google posts must be, but we recommend keeping them short and sweet. Our advice is to aim for around 200 characters, which is the maximum length that will appear in a user’s feed. Anything longer than that may be cut off, so make sure to get your point across succinctly!
Images can be up to 5GB in size, but we recommend using images that are at least 1200×630 pixels for the best results. This will ensure that your posts look great on both desktop and mobile devices.
So now you’re up to speed on Google Business! Get it working for your business.